Shaping Kids’ Lives
Make our unique mission your own. Team up with your spouse to manage a caring home for children from low-income families at an amazing K-12 residential school.
Provide active care and supervision for a group of 9 to 13 students, all boys or all girls of a similar age, living with them in well-appointed campus homes.
Houseparents (HPs) actively engage with these children in caring, well-structured homes. HPs partner with a learning community of teachers, health professionals, administrators and students’ parents/guardians to ensure each student reaches their full potential.
HPs oversee the children’s daily lives, including the start of their day (healthy breakfast, appropriate dress and off to school on a timely basis), as well as upon their return from classes (healthy dinners, homework, chores, driving to/from extra-curriculars in school vans, etc.).
It's all about the kids. The requirements help ensure students' growth and success.
- High school graduate or college education.
- Must meet age and family status requirements.
- Experience working with children and youth (preferably children and youth from low income or similar challenged settings).
- Ability to successfully complete extensive clearance process.
- Ability to meet health and physical requirements of the position.
- Driving records and credit history in good standing.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Beyond the personal satisfaction of making a positive contribution to the development of a new generation, HPs receive:
- A rent-free private apartment, meals and utilities.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Certified Houseparent training.
- Relocation assistance.
- Use of athletic and fitness facilities.
- A family-friendly lifestyle in a great location just a few hours from Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore and Washington, DC.
TRAINING AND PLACEMENT
Houseparents begin working in a "flex arrangement," working in a variety of homes until placed in an assigned home or quad of homes.
This position is a year-round position. Houseparents work 12 days on and 3 days off. Private apartments for the Houseparents are provided, and couples are permitted to have two of their own children residing with them. NO PETS permitted.